How to Collect From Stock Options

Stock options count as income toward child support! Find out how to collect even if he’s trying to hide it.

Income that can be collected for child support isn’t limited to just paychecks. It can come from unemployment, interest through savings accounts, prize money, capital gains, stock options, etc. In the Ohio Court case of Murray v. Murray, they found that stock options should be considered in the child support obligor’s gross income.

If he gets income from any of these sources, he should have 1099 tax forms filed to show this income. However, some obligors may attempt to hide this income to hide it from the IRS or you. 

If your ex has kept his stocks hidden or has recently purchased stocks, you can subpoena his portfolio to make sure it's counted toward his income.

Are your complaints to child support enforcement not being heard? At Athena, we’re in the business of helping moms collect the money that is owed to them. We’ve taken on dads like this for 20 years. By providing us with some information and the proper legal documentation, Athena will get to work for you.

No Judgment on hand yet? No Problem. We help you with that too. Whether you come to us with all the information or just a little, Athena can help.

Athena will guide you through the process step-by-step, removing the barrier between you and collecting.

Do you want dad to be held accountable for his obligations to you and your children? Athena is the last thing you will need to try to collect what is owed to you.

Join the Family!

Sign-up to get insider info and tips on arrears collection that you can’t find anywhere else.

*We do not sell nor spam your email address